Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Waiting for the Last Piece of Paper!

Wow, have we really gathered all of our Dossier items? I guess so!! And last week we were fingerprinted, so now we wait for the very last piece of paper (hopefully) that we need to send our in our Dossier! We are waiting for the approval of our I-800A, then we will get that notarized and be able to send all of our docs to our agency for review. How cool is that? It looks like we really may have our Dossier in before the end of the year!

With Thanksgiving coming up (too fast if you ask me), I hope we all can take some time to reflect upon family and other things for which we are thankful.

I especially want to thank my fellow Polish adopting/adopted families, fellow Bloggers, facebook friends, email buddies, etc. You are really a second family to me! Your support during our first adoption and first year home, and now during our next adoption means a lot to me. Many of you I have never met face to face, and some of you I have -- but all of you have provided support and an empathetic ear when I needed it most. There are so few children adopted by US families from Poland, so it is great we have each other!

I will post when we get our immigration approval (hopefully soon!). And have a great Thanksgiving all!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

GET OUT! That is FANTASTIC news!!!! You'll be headed back before you know it. Magda is thrilled that you are going back to Poland again!

Heidi said...

I am SO happy for you being so close to finishing your dossier. I hope your I-800A approval comes very quickly! Ours took almost 4 weeks, hopefully yours will be quicker. Lina was very quick to get our dossier review completed. They received our dossier copies on a Friday. She called Monday with the couple of minor corrections we needed to do. I love that they check everything before apostilling so that we don't have to redo the apostilles if there is something needed correcting. You will be joining us in the waiting phase very soon. How exciting! I completely agree with you. I am so thankful to all of the awesome support that the Polish adoption families provide to each other. This is such a great group and wonderful friends. Maybe some of us will meet in Poland.

The Rzentkowski's said...

Great news Jen! And the feeling is mutual :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Shelly said...

I dido the sentiment. It has been great getting to know everyone and being a support system for one another. CONGRATS on almost being done.

The Jamisons said...

Jennifer, you may not know this since I seldom (if ever) commented on your blog the "first time around," but I read it religiously and your blog was one of the things that kept me going during our process and one of the primary reasons I started my own blog. So congratulations for getting it all together, I hope the final piece of paper comes soon, and a belated thanks :)

Ramie said...

I have to admit that I am a little jealous! It is so exciting to meet see that little picture for the first time and then to finally meet him/her! I think I could back again and again! Can't wait for you to get your dossier to Poland...Then the real fun begins!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving

James and Melanie said...

Yea! Things are moving alond great! Is Klaudia excited about being a big sister? I also, second that "thank you" you put out. I agree! We have a great "syber space" community! Happy Thanksgiving to you too and thanks for keeping us updated!