Thursday, March 6, 2008

Waiting...

I've had a couple people ask me how the waiting is going. So...here's my response. The waiting is going well. It seems way too soon to get "the call," so in some ways it doesn't feel like we are really waiting yet. Our Dossier was sent to Poland just over one month ago. I know there is translation time and time that we need to be approved by the court. I assume that if that is supposed to take 2-3 weeks, then it will really take 4-6 weeks.

I also know that we've had roadblocks before (infertility, homestudy delay, etc). So I actually have very low confidence that our Dossier is actually in Poland! I do trust our Agency, they are obviously very adept at the process and well-connected in Poland. So, my brain does believe that it is happening.

The waiting is exciting. I do know that our child is right around the corner. He or she is alive and breathing and waiting for us, just like we are waiting for him/her!

We are enjoying our last adult-only time right now. We are going on lots of dates, drinking at bars, trying to plan a few getaway weekends and we are staying up late and sleeping in on weekends. (Jealous?)

In my own little world, I don't anticipate getting a referral for at least 2 more months. I base that on nothing other than thinking that it takes time to get in "the system." Then I anticipate having one or two referrals that we may not accept. I've heard often that people are not entirely comfortable with their first referrals, so we are trying to prepare ourselves for that. We have to balance the fact that every child needs a home, with the reality of what we feel like we can really handle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just learned about your blog from the yahoo polish adoption forum. It's so exciting, we'll be following your progress! We came home with 2 children from Warsaw Sept 29, 2007. Feel free to email us with any curiosities or questions!
amy dereczyk
amydereczyk@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you and I remember feeling the exact same way...this is the good waiting time, because you don't feel like anything should be happening.

Rick and I would set deadlines for ourselves. If we don't get a referral by this date, then we will do something...it helped.

I know that somewhere God is preparing your child's heart for you to become their parents! Our children have adjusted so well and seem so settled!

I can't wait for more of your journey to come and see the news that you accepted a referral!

Jessi