Tuesday, September 9, 2008

An Introspective September


How wonderful is autumn!? I am so thrilled that it is around the corner. It has been a little chilly, football has started, Halloween candy is in the stores and the holidays are in the not-so-distant future.

This really is a fantastic time of year. I think I will make a resolution (a three-quarter's-year resolution, instead of a new year's one), to enjoy it. I have this tugging feeling that if the holidays come without a referral, it may be a bit difficult. I am pledging now to get through those tough moments by being excited about the present!

Through this whole journey, I have come to realize some things about myself. I am not sure if I have always been this introspective. Perhaps it is impending parenthood and the wondering about what I will be like as a mother. Or maybe it is having been married and in the same job for about five years and having a chance to stop and realize where I am.

Whatever the reason, I have come to learn that I am an optimist, I am happy, friendly, selectively outgoing, am happily married and am good at what I do. I suppose it is good to figure these things out about myself now. When kids come, it will no longer be about me!

So, obviously, there is no news on our front yet. I have been hearing some good news about others in progress with their adoptions. I know of one family who has a referral in Poland and things now seem to be on track and going well. I know of another family adopting from Poland who is busily getting their dossier in. And, another family (from Nebraska) just brought their son home last month! The good news is that Poland is stable and children are getting placed with their families.

2 comments:

kelly said...

I'll be thinking of you. This is a tough wait to go through, but it sounds like you're doing great & not just dwelling....keep living!

MsBette said...

Hi FN Jen-nay! Poland better just hurry up about it, or I'm going to sic Grandpa Firko's spirit ass on them, and that could be quite the consequence . . . :0 It will be great to see you soon. Every time I read your blogs, you are more beautiful. C.A.B.