Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hello?

Yes...a month has gone by and we have nothing to report. Sorry about that! Believe me, it pains me to keep repeating the "no news" response...but it is what it is.

It is now late July - I wonder when I should dust off our dossier and see when we would have to start having things updated? Some documents essentially expire or need updating if too much time passes. I believe our homestudy is good through November...hopefully we do not need that update (or anything else for that matter). But it is always a possibility, and we wouldn't be the first to have to do that.

We are still having a great summer. Our vacation was fantastic, although quick. Ryan went on a golf trip for a long weekend too. We are enjoying our time as grown-ups. I will miss our at home happy hours and frequent dates!

I'll post more soon...

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Yes, double check ALL your dates on ALL paperwork. Now would be a good time to do it. Our agency let our USCIS paperwork expire and we had to refile... and pay to have it refiled. Many families need to update their home study and finger prints at least once. It is usually not a big deal.... just one more hoop.

I have loved getting caught up on your experience (I found your blog by mistake). I sent you an email about how my husband and I are not only from Lincoln, but we are in Warsaw RIGHT NOW finishing up our adoption. We have been here since the beginning of June and will stay until the beginning of August.

I am sure you have a lot of questions, so please feel free to ask me ANYTHING!!!

THE SCHAEFERS said...

I'm glad you had a great vacation. Keeping busy with things you want to do and preparation activites were the best things to help us through the long waiting period. The waiting was by far so much harder than we ever expected. Hang in there -- in the end it is so worth it.

We waited a year for our first and only referral, despite watching others have multiple referrals. we wouldn't have done it any other way -- easy to say now :)

Enjoy the rest of the summer!

James and Melanie said...

I am so glad you found our blog! I've tried searching for others adopting out of Poland, but only found one! (I apparently didn't do a good job!) I would love to hear more about your experience and how our agency is working out for you. If you have an opportunity please e-mail me @ mkochersperger@galesburg205.org. I would really appreciate it! God Bless!
Melanie

kelly said...

I'm glad you guys had a good vacation. Once you have your baby(ies?) those will be a thing of the past, at least for a while! We waited almost a year & had to redo fingerprints 4 days before we left, not an ideal situation. All of your other papers should be good to go :-) Keep the faith, it will happen for you!!