Thursday, December 20, 2007

Holidays

Don't you love this time of year? I think there are few things that beat the lights, music, food, and good times of the holiday season. Ryan would beg to differ I'm sure, as he favors shorts-weather over just about anything. We will both get our wish since we are going to CA for Christmas.

We had hoped that our adoption would be a little further along by now, but it isn't, and that's OK. I expected I would be particularly contemplative and distracted around the holidays and be bummed about not having our child by now, but I'm OK. Ryan and I are excited to have a nice holiday together.

Things are very busy at work, but I am hoping to take most of next week off and enjoy family, friends, food and fun. I'm hoping to put the blackberry down and only boot up the laptop to surf the internet and check our fantasy football teams, but that may be a little optimistic.

I just want to send all kinds of good thoughts, vibes, feelings, prayers, etc. to a couple of families who are very close to having their children home. We're thinking about you, and learning from you!

Merry Christmas all!

No comments: