Friday, November 30, 2007

One of the best days ever


OK, no, we didn't have any amazing news about our future family member today. But I will say, I just had one of the best days ever. I don't know if the stars were aligned or something (and I don't even believe in the stars being aligned), but everything went my way today.

I really don't know where to start. I guess I will just list the amazing things that happened today:

1. I prepared and filed an awesome brief at work today.
2. I had a great lunch with people at work.
3. We got news at work that raises are likely coming (and I got paid today).
4. WE GOT OUR HOMESTUDY!!! It is IN HAND, and we will mail it to immigration tomorrow.
5. I got 2 items for our dossier notarized.
6. I picked up another item for our dossier from our homestudy agency.
7. I brought my secretary a beverage at 4:30 p.m. and it made her happy.
8. I got news that I had an awesome victory in a case that I knew was a close one, and it had tough constitutional first amendment issues involved.
9. I got a new laptop bag that is the cutest and most lightweight bag ever. I put it on my shoulder at I just felt confident and happy - it is awesome.
10. I got a notice that I am getting $25 from a class action suit in the mail.
11. I used my new "Prada" purse that my Dad got me from China. It rocks.
12. I got 6 Express Jet bucks in the mail today, just for signing up for the frequent flier club, that is the equivalent to 2 glasses of wine, or 6 beers on our flights to California for Christmas.
13. My husband and I had a great date at the best steak place ever in Omaha (the Drover), it was incredible. I told the host that I had a great day. And when we left, he said he hoped my awesome day continued into tomorrow.
14. We saw my in-laws tonight after our date, and I had this wonderful white russian drink, and my father-in-law paid for the tab to make sure my perfect day stayed perfect (it did).
15. We got the forecast for a rainy, snowy, icy day tomorrow, and I have NO WORK that I have to do, so I can bundle up, put wood in the fire, watch The Office dvds, and do nothing for 2 whole days.

What more could one want in a day?

I will just say, that I am very blessed, lucky, happy, and fortunate to be where I am.

3 comments:

THE SCHAEFERS said...

Have a VERY HAPPY weekend! Just reading you list makes me smile!

THE SCHAEFERS said...

Have a VERY HAPPY weekend! Just reading you list makes me smile!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,

I just wanted to let you know that our I171H was completed in 5 weeks from the date that our agency sent our homestudy. We are in Illinois adopting from Poland too. So hopefully the 3 month processing time is worst case senario. Thought that might help. If you ever want to vent drop me a note...we are in the same boat to Poland.

Michelle Hall
mhall1971@comcast.net